Researching a niche needn't be difficult. Often by simply keeping your eyes and ears open you can begin to recognize a few profitable markets.
If you are unsure here are some fail-proof niche market research methods:
- 1 - Go to your library, local bookstore and magazine stand. Each one is fantastic resources for identifying viable niche markets. Within the healthy living section for instance, you will find an array of topics aimed at very specific markets. This can be a great starting place for getting your creativity flowing.
- 2 - Visit amazon.com. Amazon is the online source for niche research. Like the bookstore or library except you can easily search online for an array of topics to get a good idea of what markets are popular and just what people are searching for.
- 3 - Visit ezinearticles.com. Another fantastic online source for research. By doing a simple search you can find a number of niches. Check out the writer bios after the articles you read. Visit their websites and find out what products they're promoting. This could potentially give you a lot of suggestions for untouched markets.
- 4 - Do your market and keyword research. The above sources are great for ideas but they shouldn't take the place of keyword research. A great research tool like Word Tracker will help you identify whether your idea is a great one or not. The tool will even give you suggestions for related keywords which may spark some creative niche ideas.
- 5 - Visit related forums. After you have a concept for any niche visit a related forum to learn what individuals are talking about. What are their wants and dislikes? Are there any products they are unhappy with? More importantly exactly what do they wish they could find?
- 6 - Check out online trend tools. There are a lot of trends tools available online, most are free. One example is Google Trends. These tools provides you with information on what people are trying to find and popular trends. This post is really useful since it is extremely current. Trend tools are great helpful information on finding niches.
Niche marketing research requires a little time but it is highly important. Fining the right niche could possibly be the key to success inside your business.